The KAUST Discovery Scholarship is a general scholarship program King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). This program is designed to ensure that any very talented students who had reason and the right to enroll in a KAUST will receive full financial support, while at university. Those who receive scholarships Discovery receive the full support of learning, living stipend, a summer enrichment programs and career.
KAUST will offer Discovery Scholarships to all KAUST students – an exceptional level of support intended to attract gifted and talented students from Saudi Arabia and from other countries around the world.
KAUST will offer a pre-enrollment version of this general scholarship program to students attending first-university or bachelor’s degree programs. KAUST will provide financial support to pre-enrollment Discovery Scholarship recipients at their home institutions prior to the University’s opening. Upon graduation, these students will enter KAUST as master’s degree students in September 2009 and 2010 to complete their graduate studies on a fully funded scholarship.
Recipients of the KAUST Discovery Scholarship represent future leaders in science, engineering and technology.
Students may apply for a KAUST Discovery Scholarship directly, or they may be nominated by a professor at their institution.
For the remainder of your first university or bachelor’s degree program of study, you will receive:
All economy class travel costs associated with your participation in KAUST-sponsored enrichment activities throughout the remainder of your first university or bachelor’s degree program. In particular, travel associated with the following activities:
leadership workshop Upon the completion of your first university or bachelor’s degree program, you will receive:
- Admission into a master’s degree program upon meeting the program’s admission requirements at the KAUST campus in Saudi Arabia.
- A full scholarship at KAUST, including tuition, housing and travel costs
All applicants must demonstrate proven leadership in research and academic involvement. At a minimum, you must have the following academic qualifications:
- Official university record documenting academic achievement at the highest level
- Current enrollment in a first university degree (bachelor’s) program in a KAUST-related field of study 550 TOEFL PBT or 213 TOEFL CBT, 79-80 iBT, or 6.0 on the IELTS for non-native English speakers
- Proven research interest and/or leadership potential
- Ability to enter a master’s program at KAUST in September 2009 or after
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and a minimum major-field-of-study GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent
- 80 credit hours completed, or equivalent by the end of 2008
- Ability to take graduate courses in English
Note: Students studying at universities in Europe should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive information on special eligibility considerations for Europe.
- Agreement to matriculate at KAUST following completion of your first university degree (bachelor’s).
- Participation in KAUST-sponsored enrichment activities that include an award ceremony, a workshop in home region, and a conference in Saudi Arabia
- Obtaining necessary documents for travel outside of the your home country (KAUST will assist with travel documents for entrance into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)
- Maintenance of the highest academic standards and results at your current university through graduation
- Return of the signed copy of the KAUST Discovery Scholarship Terms and Conditions upon acceptance
- Copies of the first three (3) pages of your international travel documents, which should include your photograph, birth date, location of birth, and expiration date of your travel documents